By now, I’m sure you have heard of programmatic advertising (if you haven’t, check out this great article about programmatic for recruitment). In the last couple of years, programmatic has taken the recruitment industry by storm. But is programmatic right for your recruitment strategy? Hopefully, this blog will help you make the smartest choices for your recruitment goals.
First, it’s important to understand why programmatic is making such a big splash in recruitment. Here are some of the biggest benefits:
- Candidates are sourced from the entire web where job seekers live, work and play.
- More accurate targeting available.
- By establishing rules at the onset of a programmatic campaign, easy-to-fill applications can be limited so that the budget is focused on hard-to-fill applications.
- With ads being optimized in real-time, programmatic advertising is incredibly efficient. Thanks to programmatic, no more waiting a month or quarter to review performance and make changes.
Not so fast
Considering the benefits listed above, it might seem like a no-brainer to start programmatic advertising immediately, but unfortunately, programmatic isn’t a good fit for every situation. Some things to consider:
- Budget – you need to have some money to work with be in a place to afford the considerable price tag in order to really see the benefits of programmatic.
- Niche and executive positions – programmatic often isn’t a good fit for niche positions or “one-offs” because of the limited audience you’ll be marketing to.
- Volume matters – multiple positions give programmatic a chance to do what it does best: shift budget and leverage different media to realize the best results. If you only have a few reqs to fill, programmatic probably isn’t a good fit.
How to get started
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket and start with a trial – a good way to start would be to pull a portion of your current budget and use it to test out programmatic advertising. If you’re pleased with the results, go ahead and add additional budget.
- Start with one group/area – for example, if you work at a healthcare system, start using programmatic for your nursing reqs. This gives you a chance to see how programmatic works before switching over to other positions.
- Get help and advice – Despite the nature of programmatic advertising, there is still a human component that’s essential, as real success is dependent on finding the right expert/specialist who can optimize the campaign on a daily basis.
Need more help? Give us a call at 408.517.1400. We’d love to help you decide if programmatic recruitment advertising is right for you. And when you’re ready to get started, CKR Interactive has a team of programmatic specialists who can assist you. Already using programmatic for recruitment? We’d love to hear how it’s working for you and any recommended tips and tricks for success with programmatic.