In the recruitment marketing world, the landscape is always evolving. To ensure that our agency is always ahead of the latest trends, our teams travel all over the country to learn from industry leaders, peers and our clients.
In early June, we traveled to Minneapolis, Minn. where we learned that their African delis are on-point, Prince is and will always be beloved, and programmatic media has made huge leaps in the past few years but also has lots of room to grow!
The TAtech Leadership Summit on Programmatic Ad Buying in Talent Acquisition was an amazing thought sharing and learning experience. It gave us the opportunity to compare our own best practices and approaches to other agencies while exploring solutions and platforms that are advancing the recruitment media space.
A Quick 101 on Programmatic Media for Jobs for the kids in the back of the class!
What it is:
- Platforms have been developed to allow us to spend our budgets across many websites rather than individual buys to individual platforms.
- Depending on the platform, we can create one budget and optimize your spend across hundreds of niche sites, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.!
- This covers Pay Per Click jobs platforms only.
- These platforms allow us to set rules that mitigate spending our client’s budgets on jobs or roles that are not priorities AND optimize them to benefit the roles we really NEED to highlight.
- Some are exploring intelligent job classification that will further help the platforms understand the roles and improve targeting automatically.
What it is NOT:
- In product marketing (think Google and Amazon), programmatic targeting involves robust machine learning that allows the tools to optimize the targeting and learn about WHO is being targeted. With jobs, the optimization is (as of the publishing of this blog) solely based on clicks and/or applications. In short, jobs that perform better get more budget while jobs that are not producing have their budgets reduced.
- Currently, only a handful of platforms are able to move budget from one platform to another.
- As of now, you can only include Linkedin sponsored content, not other LinkedIn products.
- Not all platforms can integrate and track everything you might need so picking the right platform is essential!
Bottom line, we work with our clients to find the right tools to get your roles filled. With programmatic, we can do that faster, and by tracking to hire, we can greatly impact the quality of those hires! Win-Win!
If you are reading this and it’s news to you, don’t be embarrassed if you are still using the post and pray method! We can walk you through what this will mean for your team and your hiring needs and get you up to speed in no time.
Contact us to chat it through!